About Hoot Welfare Society:
The Hoot Welfare Society is a Lucknow (INDIA) based non-profit organization with a chartered vision of supporting and nurturing meaningful communication through interdisciplinary social and cultural projects. We provide opportunities for creativity and community-based innovation and aim for collective impact with each project. Hoot Welfare Society is working in five domains:
· Smriti (Social Nourishment)
· Jeev Sharan Grah (Animal Nourishment)
· Heal (Medical Nourishment)
· Swaraj (Student Nourishment)
· Law Bloom (Legal Nourishment)
About Law Bloom:
Under Law Bloom, Hoot Welfare Society organizes events; provides opportunities to students & stakeholders. Law Bloom is a group of committed people across the country working selflessly for the welfare of the underprivileged.
The purpose of creating this domain is to serve society through the people in the legal field. Hoot Welfare Society is a non-profit organization; hence, you are a direct beneficiary. Law Bloom collectively and voluntarily works to serve society and law at large. It is all for a noble cause.
About the event:
Why is understanding Bare Acts necessary?
- Reading bare act is essential to understand laws.
- It is the exact text of a particular enactment by the legislature.
- The language used in bare acts is often a bit harder and confusing.
- Most of the students, teachers, lawyers, judicial aspirants, and even judges face difficulties understanding the law by reading Bare Acts. In this event, we will learn how to read Bare Act to understand laws.
Why should we learn how to do legal drafting?
- Drafting and legal writing skills are not pivotal for a law student, lawyer or judge. Did you notice the mistake in that sentence? Even the slightest mistake can change the entire meaning of a sentence – an error in a legal document can cost a client his case!
- Drafting is one of the most intellectually demanding of all lawyering skills. It requires a knowledge of the law, the ability to deal with abstract concepts, investigative instincts, an extraordinary degree of prescience, and organizational skills.
Keeping in mind its importance, the webinar aims to enrich law students with the treasured skills of reading a bare act and drafting legal documents.
About the speaker:
Advocate Rahul Tiwari completed his legal education from New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune. He has also obtained his LLM, with 8.35 CGPA (Distinction Holder), specializing in Cyber Crime & Economic offence.
He has a strong passion for Legal Research and Public Speaking. He is a founding and Managing Partner of LNS Associate, which is an MCA Registered Law Firm. This firm also offers online legal education & training to law students and fresh graduates. He is also a Panel Member of the World Cyber Security Forum (WCSF).
The webinar is open to all, i.e. students pursuing UG/PG of any year, Practising Advocates.
Date & Timing:
5th Sept (Sunday) from 4 pm onwards
The event will be held in Online/Virtual mode on Zoom. Therefore, the participants are requested to install the same on their device(s) to attend the webinar.
The registration is free.
One can register through this link: https://forms.office.com/r/4dxSbjE3Dg
Certificates will be provided to all the participants.
The registration will close on 4th September 2021, at 11:59 pm.
In case of any query, reach out to Pritha at pritha.lahiri[at]hoot.org.in and Keshav at keshav.anand[at]hoot.org.in
Website Link: https://hoot.org.in