About the Organisation
The Hoot Welfare Society is a Lucknow (INDIA) based non-profit organization (NFO/NGO) with a chartered vision of supporting and nurturing meaningful communication through interdisciplinary social and cultural projects. We provide opportunities for creativity and community-based innovation and aim for collective impact with each project.
- Duration: 1 hour 15 Minutes
- Topics to be Covered:
- Introduction to broad contours of Academic Writing
- Theoretical Aspect of Writing + Research Techniques + Different Types of Writing
- Practical Workshop
About the Resource Person
Adv. Ayush Mishra is a NALSAR Graduate and currently a practising advocate at Allahabad High Court. He has got almost 25 articles, research papers, book chapters published in various journals of National and International repute such as Oxford Human Rights Hub, Jurist – the University of Pittsburgh, London School of Economics Human Rights Blog, to name a few.
After attending the workshop, the participant will be able to know the aspects of research and writing mentioned herein:
- The Basic tenets of academic writing. The different modes, types, and objects of legal writing.
- The most widespread mistakes committed by writers.
- Theoretical aspects of writing that would take the students through the exercise of writing from a Research-based lens and would explain to them the different requirements of editors while reviewing pieces for publication.
- How to select an area/topic of research?
- How to make sure you are working in the right direction and on the right topic?
- How to engage with previous literature on the topic?
- How to structure your paper/article et cetera?
- How one can work towards 7-8 types of different academic engagements?
- The participants would be shown 7-8 different types of papers (published in Oxford Human Rights Hub, Jurist – the University of Pittsburgh, London School of Economics Human Rights Blog, NLU Jodhpur Blogs, HNLU Raipur Blogs, Live Law, TCLF et cetera.) that the resource person has previously written and would take them through the entire journey from coming up with the research topic to finally publishing the paper/article.
- The participants will be exposed to a few types of articles that viz. Legislative review, Supreme Court References, Comparative study, Theoretical Juxtaposing on contemporary Issues, Grounding frameworks on normative structures, Opinion Pieces, Movie Reviews, Case Comments et cetera.
- The participants will be asked to work on any one (out of 7-8 types of articles discussed in the session) post the workshop and submit us a small write up of 800-1000 words. The detailed guidelines are available on the site.
- The task is not mandatory. However, if the submission is found of good quality, the same will be published on our blog (http://blog.hoot.org.in) and a Certificate of Publication along with Certificate of Merit will be issued.
Who can attend?
The workshop is open to all, i.e., students pursuing UG/PG of any year, Practising Advocates, or anyone who aspires to learn the nuances and practicality of legal academic writing.
Date and Timing
- 09th June, 2021 from 04:00 to 05:30 PM
- There is no registration/participation fee for the workshop.
- The registration can be done via the form available at https://hoot.org.in/Registration
- It is an online event which will be held on Microsoft Teams/ Zoom/ Google Meet and the link will be sent upon registration.
- Please write to us at email@example.com.
- Participants may visit our website at https://hoot.org.in. Any updates and changes on this event will be posted here only.